Monday, May 11, 2009

THE GOOD POST: Feedback from an average citizen


By Steve Collier, Colorado Springs

Well, it hasn't been quite a week, but I think a recent e-mail I received from Theresa in the local area was worthy of "The Good Post." Here's the e-mail:

"I received an e-mail from you and went to your site. I really enjoyed it and think you have some very good points.

Is your group the one that coordinated the Tea Party in Colorado Springs on April 15th? I went to that gathering and it was so great. I was amazed at how well attended it was and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I still have the signs, and am anxious to use them again.

I logged onto the ReTeaParty site looking for information about a Tea Party on Independence Day. The Tea Parties were so successfully around the country, that I would be disappointed if the momentum was lost. It has gotten to be so difficult to be heard by most anyone in Washington, DC. Without the press, this seemed to be the only successful venue in which we were heard.

So, is your group planning another Tea Party? I didn't find anything under "Colorado Springs" on the ReTeaParty site, so volunteered to coordinate something if needed. I was actually very surprised that nothing was listed under Colorado Springs or Denver. And, I would be soooo grateful if someone with actual experience was planning something. I would love to help, or if your group is not doing anything, I will do my best to put something together. At any rate, could you please let me know, as I will need to get started as soon as possible if you are not doing anything.

Thank you so much, and God Bless.

Theresa"


Theresa, thanks for the kind words. So here are some answers for you:

1) Yup, a group of highly-dedicated organizers from Colorado Springs helped to put on the Acacia Park TEA Party gathering. The organizers are just regular folks that heard the call to stand up against the increased expansion of federal powers, the drunk spending fest in Washington D.C. of OUR taxpayer money and the continuing deteriation of what seems to be a large shift away from our Constitution and the beliefs of our Founding Fathers.

2) Yup again, we are planning a second Tea Party protest for July 4. Locations that have been mentioned include Monument and Black Forest, as well as Colorado Springs. Stay tuned to the Web site (www.cspringsteaparty.com) for the latest. We'll update it the minute we have the plan!

3) We would LOVE your help! Obviously, any grassroots campaign (not that "astroturf" stuff you hear about on the news) needs "boots on the ground" to go door-to-door in support of the TEA Party movement. Also, stay informed! Keep your Congressmen/women and Senators (state and federal) apprised of your opinion on how your tax money is being spent. If no one raised their voice, the politicians wouldn't be held accountable.. and that must begin now!

I'd be lying if I said I wanted this to be the last letter we got. So, come on citizens of Colorado Springs, visit the site, tell a friend, get involved and stay tuned... the next TEA Party is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment